If this drama won’t be the death of me, then I don’t know what will. It truly is so good. I watched episode 11 yesterday and I still don’t understand how can a drama be full of fun, angst and generally awesome moments. I feel like not a lot of people talk about this drama and it really saddens me the thought that this seems like an underrated drama. I would go as far as to say that I find it even better than Reply 1997, and I gave that one 5/5. I’m kind of repeating myself but I can’t help it..
Random thoughts about the episodes
– Samcheonpo and Yoon Ji. Aren’t they adorable? I loved how they started noticing each other after they spent time with the other person’s parents. Because both were able to see the other person with a different eye. They saw a part that was hidden. They saw the warm part of them. The fact that they have a heart. Also I just loved how Samcheonpo made the first and final move and kissed Yoon Ji. So romantic and so unexpected because he didn’t look for a guy that would do the first move.
– Biggeure. How much I adore and feel for this guy. He is lost. And it is only natural to be lost. You’e 18,20 years old. You’re not really supposed to know what you want to do in your life, or even who you really are, what you like and what you want. It’s understandable. Life of course is a bitch and everyone expects so many things from you but still- it’s ok not to be ok! Yes as cheesy as it sounds. And I found him much more courageous than he thinks he is. At least he finally admitted some things. And another thing I liked in these episodes was the bond that was formed between him and oppa. I’m not sure if he likes likes oppa or if he just looks up to him, either of them is fine, but I like that he found someone that could open up to. It’s difficult to try and make all the right choices, or all the choices that other people and especially your family expects you to make so it’s nice to have someone who won’t judge you and will on top of that help you find your dream and support your choices.
– Our lovely Chilbongie now. It is hard not to like this guy. It is really hard, and that comes from someone who was team oppa since the very beginning. But regardless of oppa, you have to give Chilbongie a big round of applaud. He definitely deserves it. He is not only sweet and smart and kind but he finds the courage to confess his feelings. And that when he already knows that he’s not gonna be the winner. He is not afraid to go after what he wants and I adore that in him. Who wouldn’t want a guy to genuinely like them and say that to them and you know catch a bus, travel for 5 hours, see them for three and then go back? And and who won’t stop fighting even when he knows that he’ll probably loose?
– And now oppa-ya. In the beginning I just wanted for him to speak up. We were guessing what he must be feeling but he never said anything. I had guessed that he did like Na Jung but he was afraid to do anything because of the relationship their families have. Can you imagine them getting together and then breaking up? I mean they could overcome the awkwardness and the sad feelings but things would have changed. Oppa’s feelings were understandable but on the other hand you shouldn’t oppress your feelings and do what your heart tells you to do. So I guess the fact that saw Chilbongie coming forward that rang a bell inside him and decided to do something for his feelings. Of course I like that and I’m interested to see what happens next.
– I also wanted to talk a little bit about Na Jung. It is so difficult to confess your feelings and in her case it was even harder if we take into consideration the relationship she had with oppa. It was so sweet when she confessed and then felt a bit embarrassed so she treated oppa like her friend that would understand what she must be feeling. And then in episode 11 when oppa still hadn’t given her an answer when she was talking with Haitai and told him if she wasn’t attractive enough as a woman. My heart skipped a little bit because it is something that people think when they get rejected or not given an answer. That feeling that you’re not sure for yourself. I feel for her.
– Two more things that don’t have to do with the story necessarily. I really like all the quite 90’s things that are put in the drama. Even though the story is not to talk about the 90’s but instead to saw these young people slowly becoming adults, something that people all around the world have to face an it has no time limits, I still like that 90’s vibe that the story is set in. Like the programs on the radio, or the television, the songs that they use. They really add something unique and warm to the story.
– The second thing is the fun. It is so funny. As I said the story balances everything out. Because I wasn’t able to watch episode 11 right away I read the recap and even by reading the recap I found myself laughing out loud! I love it, love it, love it!
Overall as I said I’m really enjoying the drama and always can’t wait until the next one. I would really like to marathon it because I think the experience would be even better but on the other hand I have to get what I can. Ldet;s see what happens next!
(pictures credit: Dramabeans)